Unfortunately, Rory and I were both sick the last two days of Grandma and Grandpa's visit. He hung in there like a trooper though! He's getting over it now and should be back to his old self in no time. He's really amazing us everday with all his new things that he says and does:
- Rory discovered Papa's mic and amp today upstairs... he loves the sound of his own voice!
- When we were outside playing tonight after Grandma and Grandpa left, he saw an airplane and said Goodbye Grandma and Grandpa. He was a really big boy when they left... a little sad, but just briefly...
- When Rory plays candyland, he's learned to 'stack the deck' when no one is looking... he was cheating a lot in the beginning and really a sore loser, but he's gotten better very quickly. He thinks it's hilarious when someone gets the big slide in chutes and ladders (except when it's him, of course)!
- When we went fishing with Grandpa, he thought the fish were so cool, but wouldn't go anywhere near them or the worms. We tried to get him to touch them, but he wouldn't. You could kind of tell that he wanted to, though!
- The other night, I was putting Rory to bed and he was almost asleep and he said "mama, listen...." So, I'm listening for some noise that I assumed he was hearing but in a real quiet, hushed, tired voice he whispered the lyrics of his new favorite song "Baby, you can drive my car, Baby, you can drive my car... and baby, I love you"!