Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Earthquake

I've had a lot of people asking me today about the orphanage after yesterday's earthquake. I just heard that the orphanage had some damage- all the kids are okay. Very lucky considering how close it was The transition house in Port-au-Prince has "major damage". This is the hub of the foundation's activity- lawyers, doctors, etc... all work on adoptions out of that building. I'm just devastated for those who are still waiting on their children. What an emotional dead end they must be facing.

Brandon and I are both just speechless... having seen Haiti and knowing what a poverty-stricken nightmare it is, we can't even imagine how things will get better there. How will they ever survive this?

Here is the link if you would like to help: http://www.redcross.org/

No comments: