Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy New (school) Year!

Only 178 days until summer vacation!!!!

Just kidding- the school year is only 2 days old and I'm already swamped! So much to do- but thank goodness I only have 20 kids to do it for! I'm so happy - 20 kids! You hear me, world!!???!!! I want to scream it from the mountaintops - "I ONLY HAVE 20 STUDENTS!!!!" And so far, so good!

I love the start of a new year. Like a fresh, clean slate... While teaching does have its downfalls, there are so many great bonuses. There is nothing quite like setting up all the little desks with the uniform piles of books and supplies. Like a little schoolhouse army. Just setting in anticipation of all those little hands and minds. This is really the only time of year that my classroom is clean and de-cluttered. I love it. Totally zen. Well, close enough.

Rory's in first grade now. He's loving it- especially now that he's not in kindergarten. I think he's feeling a little bit like a big shot. Today he got off the bus and came inside for his snack. But first he wrapped his little sweet arms around me and said, "I miss you today because we don't get to spend all day together anymore." Like I said earlier- only 178 days left!!!! :)

No comments: