Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy October!

Is it even possible that today is the second day of October! When I walked my kids out to the bus yesterday, the air had that hard-to-describe fall quality to it. I love days like that! Makes me want to buy a pumpkin and eat caramel apples!

We have no news (as usual) to report. A couple went last week to get their kids and there is word that some people will be going in the next few weeks. However, I don't think it will be us. There are two families who actually have been in MOI longer than us. I had thought, up until a few days ago, that we had been in MOI the longest, but, I was wrong. It's hard to keep track of where people are and whose moved and who hasn't. Besides, I try to explain to people that it's not like waiting in a line.... Just because your NEXT doesn't mean you are next. We are just over the two month point in MOI and worried that it might take the entire three months.

If you don't want blatent honesty, then you shouldn't read the rest of this.

Here's what totally urks me as of late. I don't mind people asking about updates, or what we've heard, if anything. However, it is the people who act so pained that it is taking so long are about to drive me nuts! I know that they mean well and their pain is for ME, but it is so difficult to wait and keep myself composed. It takes a whole other level of stamina and patience to comfort the people around me. It isn't all the time, and it really isn't one or three particular people, it just the reaction that drives me crazy. Brandon and I have sworn that if we were to EVER adopt again, we won't tell a soul. It's just too much pressure. Again, I'm not mad at anyone, just at the situation. I know that's at the root of why I am not posting as much as I should.. I mean how many different ways can you say "We are still waiting" with a smile? Ugh.

But... JOY OF ALL JOYS! I got my Smartboard installed in my classroom this week and it is AWESOME! It's like a interactive whiteboard/computer. The kids totally dig it and I am in heaven! If you've never seen one, Try this link:

http://education.smarttech.com/ste/en-US/Community/World+Teachers+Day+Videos.htm

I am totally pumped. The single most exciting development in my teaching career. I LOVE it. As I told one of the other teachers, I would totally make out with it if I could!!! She laughed until she saw it and now understands!

Happy Fall:)

No comments: