Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I've been so crazy buzy that I've not posted in like two weeks.That is just ridiculous. There is no excuse! Well, there is no news to report... still just waiting for the Haitian Government to finish printing the passport so we can be on our way!

In other news... School started off great. I have a really great class. They are just awesome. There are 28 of them but they are literally all good kids.

The 5K Old Town Walk/Run went off without a hitch! It was fantastic- we had almost 200 participants and made a lot of money for our Bradford Woods trip in November. Organizing an event like that is overwhelming, but fun to pull off. Finally! A fundraiser that I actually enjoy!

We had our fantasy football draft on the 22nd. I am really excited about my team. There are some real gambles that we had to take, but I am excited for it to get underway. A lot of people don't really get it and think it is extremely weird or "unladylike" to have this as a hobby. But, it is so strategic and competitive! There are 12 teams in my league and its all husbands and wives (for the most part) and all the girls love it (some of us are more into it than the guys!). It really is a blast and I've learned so much about the sport that Brandon loves. It's really fun to have that in common!

Also, my adoption open house was last Saturday. I can't even believe the amount of presents we got. INSANE! Anyway, Karen and I put away all the clothes and toys and got the room looking pretty good. I will take a picture (with our NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!) and post it tomorrow. It was just the coolest thing to have all those people there for Rory and open presents that he is really going to touch and wear! The day was just perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything else. If anything, the open house made me feel like I'm really ready. Totally priceless!


Hurricane Gustav is making us somewhat nervous, but probably not for the reasons you think. We know the creche is supplied with water and food and that they are safe, but I really worry about the infrastructure of the COUNTRY (ie the government). I mean, if the consolate gets wiped out, then where are we??? I mean, really???? Also, we worry about our family that lives in Florida on the Gulf Coast. A while back, we realized how differently you look at hurricanes when the people you love live in hurricane zones. Anyway, we think that all is well, at least that's the word we are getting, and we just have to grin and bear it:)


Sad news... My grandmother (my dad's mom) died yesterday. I would have mentioned it earlier in the post, but I wasn't sure until just this moment if I even wanted to put it in. She was a really great woman. She was 95 and had been ill for some time. It is a very sad thing, but she had a great, long life.

I'm at school right now, getting ready to head to the library. I don't understand why ANYONE buys books. With the library websites that let you search and request any book you could imagine, it's just ignorant to BUY books and but more waste into the world. Plus you save money! Lots of money! (at least I do). Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox and leaving school.

No comments: