Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's a 2 for 1 day!

Two posts in one day... how crazy is that!

A few nights ago I was thinking about my favorite movies... so here are a few... in no particular order.


1. Contact - starring Jodie Foster, great concept, and I love everything science so why not have a time machine that sends her into space? Sure. Even more that the science theme is the theme of validation. I love that her hard work pays off for her one billion-fold.

2. The Red Violin- starring Samuel Jackson, great movie concept, unlike anything I've ever seen, but I can't NOT watch it when it is on. In reminds us that inanimate objects are animate and that things aren't just things, but they are the story they carry. I have to give credit to my sister-in-law Krissy, who recommended it to me.

3. Life is Beautiful- starring some italian guy- another movie recommended by Krissy. By far the happiest holocaust movie- is that even possible, you ask... yes, it is.

4. Schindler's List- starring Liam Neeson- another holocaust movie, but this one is epic, and non-forgiving in it's bigness. It is the only movie that I've been to when the entire audience sat through all the credits until the lights came back up in the theatre. It is so cliche that 'One person can change the world' but this movie is the quintessential definition of that idea. Brandon has never seen it, and it breaks my heart that he hasn't.

5. Signs - starring Mel Gibson- so scarry good. The first time I saw it, I literally left the theatre with sore shoulders from being so tense.

6. The Wizard of Oz- seriously? Munchkins AND a green horse? I am so in.

7. The Bridges of Madison County- starring Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood- the only movie that is just as good IF NOT better than the book. I boo hoo everytime at the end. That whole seen at the end where she is in the truck with her husband... I don't think I breathed the entire time. So good and so mortal.

8. The Usual Suspects- starring Kevin Spacey. Awesome. Rent it when you can watch it UNINTERUPTED.

I'll add more as necessary....

No comments: