Thursday, November 20, 2008

We got an email from Vivian this morning regarding Rory's file. The news/update was not what we had hoped. Apparently, there is a piece of paperwork missing from Rory's file. In order to get the paper, our adoption agency has to send someone to the town where Rory was born to get the paper from the town hall. Now, keep in mind that Rory's town is at the very tip end of the southern peninsula in Haiti. Because of all the hurricanes, I guess the roads are downright washed out so getting their by car is out of the question. So someone is going to have to go by plane or - get this - by DONKEY to get the paper. That's not all! THEN, they have to bring back the paper and an official with them to put it into the national archives in the capital at Port-au-Prince. Only then can we hope to get his paperwork finished and get him home!

I don't even know what to write. I'm so frustrated and upset I could throw something. I guess there are three other families in the same position, so our director is in Haiti trying to get stuff done for us. I do feel good about that, but this, to me, sounds like it could take some time.

In short, it is safe to say that Rory won't be here for Christmas. I know that this is what we signed up for, but we are dependent on donkeys now.... are you kidding me? I'm half tempted to just go and do it myself. I mean, really.

This sucks. On top of all this, I have the worst cold ever and have a headache.
I thought I was getting a sore throat, but I think it was just the constant lump that's been building up for two years.

2 comments:

SPryor said...

Hang in there Vaughns.

Did I tell you that I used to rope in the rodeo AND I aint got no job these days? You say the word and I would totally take a donkey ride through Haiti with you.

Would you rather ride a donkey through Haiti wearing your bra outside your shirt OR ride a donkey through Haiti with your underwear on your head? (Sorry everyone, inside joke from girls weekend.)

Sorry we won't see you tonight for the movie. I will fill you in on Saturday. Take some Advil Cold and Sinus and take the day off tomorrow. You have a big weekend ahead.

AprilC said...

Misty:

Hang in there...I have also been the donkey route with Darline's mom when they couldn't locate her for Parquet.

This wait is horrible. I am sorry you are going thru this.