Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009- YAY!!!!

I'm sure you are all shocked that I haven't posted in FOREVER. Christmas was amazing. Lots of food and good company. I was surprised that it was actually so good. With this being the first Xmas without Dad and we didn't have Rory, I thought it would be a major downer.

But... it wasn't!

We had a really good time. We played catch phrase, which I officially ROCK at. Also, Brandon and I decided that EVERY HOLIDAY from here on out, we are bringing a large container of vodka and just setting it on the counter. It's interesting to see what happens!

Winter Break seemed like it actually lasted forever. I think that is because the Haitian GOVT didn't go back to work until Jan. 7th. It was nice actually to stop thinking about it for a couple weeks because I KNEW nothing new would happen. Right now, we are just waiting for Rory's passport to be issued and a visa appt to be made. We contacted Senators Bayh and Lugar. Evan (I like to call him Evan... I think if we met, we would be on a first name basis) actually sent us a letter - we got it yesterday saying they contacted the embassy in Port-au-Prince asking for them to make our visa appt. already. Lugar's people (who I actually talked to on the phone) said that she would call them and get back with me. How's that for service? Will anything actually be speeded up? I doubt it, but even if there is a chance, it's worth it.

I bought Rory some lotion the other day. That was exciting! It really is the little things that get me all worked up. This morning I went upstairs to iron something and saw his little toothbrush in the bathroom. It is so exciting to think that little yellow toothbrush is going to be in his mouth pretty soon! Can't wait!

Another exciting milestone... got my papers to ammend all our insurance AND offically asked for my eight week leave from work. I wish I could take off the rest of the year... but I'm just lucky to have that much.

In other news.... I'm on the lookout for a wii fit. Can't find one anywhere and from what I hear they are awesome. It'll be my bday present. I'm pretty happy that I didn't gain to much weight over the holidays.... considering how I ate! Holy cheese and bread and candy! I actually threw out most of it just so I wouldn't eat it.

My goal is to post pics from the new year's trip up to Hoster's Cottage... way fun, and some other pics too. This weekend probably. In the meantime, I'll probably be finishing DUMA KEY--- my new steven king book. Is it me or have they made books thicker and the pages skinnier?

No comments: