Friday, January 23, 2009

Passport issued!

We are so excited... Rory's passport was issued today! We just got the email earlier and called the parentals to share the news. We are now looking at a mere 3-4 weeks for Rory's Visa appt. to be scheduled, which is when we can travel to get him. So hopefully mid-February. We are so excited, thrilled, and over the moon! We are ready to go whenever... we've been packed since AUGUST basically, but still have a lot of little things to get for the trip.

Apparently the powers-that-be are going to try to arrange for a group of us to go together to pick up our kids so that will be an amazing experience in itself. I've been lucky because I've been in constant contact with so many of these mothers that are adopting from the same orphanage. We are actually pretty close... we are supporting each other as we agonize over what each other's files are doing. We share opinions, stories, suggestions, and worries. I think the most amazing part is that the moms who've brought home their kids have stayed on the forum and write often about what they are experiencing with their little ones once they are home. It sounds like most are adjusting pretty well.

We are celebrating this weekend (yet again). Another milestone reached, and we are granted permission to get excited all over again. I don't talk often about not being able to be pregnant because it is a private matter. But, the closer it gets to Rory coming home, the more I can relate to the anxious feelings that my pregnant friends have gone through -each one in their own time. It is amazing, really - the only thing this could possibly feel like this would be if I were in my final month of pregnancy and my belly dropped. How awesome is that?

Mom and I did a "dry run" last Sunday to the airport so that OPERATION PICK UP (whenever it is) goes smoothly. I just keep thinking that the next time I'm there, we'll be leaving to get him. I'll be the one in the bar having a drink and crying my eyes out!

No comments: