Friday, February 27, 2009

GOING TO HAITI!

YES- IT'S TRUE!!!!!
We are going to Haiti to pick up Rory FINALLY!

We are leaving this coming Wednesday and will return home with our fantastically handsome little boy on Saturday!

We are totally in shock (which, yes, I know, we shouldn't be). We can't believe that it's finally here! We are totally on cloud 9 and just counting the days until we get to see him again! Yahoo! We have our flights BOOKED (oh my god... feels so good to say that!!) and working on hotel accommodations tonight.

I can't wait to go back to the creche. I know that to an outsider, that may seem strange, but it is literally like an oasis with dozens of the sweetest children on the planet. It is better than any hotel or resort than I've ever been to (not that I put it in that category). The place just does something to your state of mind! Not a care in the world, and nothing but oodles of love to go around. I would continually go there if I could.

Note: While I am super excited, you probably don't want to call.... I've lost most of my voice and I'm sick so it will do you no good anyway. I promise to keep the blog updated as much as possible and maybe even while we are in Haiti if the computer is up and working.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Misty! This is so exciting... I'm so happy that I get to meet you and we get to experience this monumental event together. :o)

AprilC said...

Congrats Misty...enjoy one of my best adoption buds Beth while you are there!!!

Give that sweet Darline a kiss for me.