Saturday, February 21, 2009

The wait continues.... for now

Here's the latest on our neverending-saga:

Rory had his visa appt on Thursday and we are just waiting for the VISA to be issued. We hoped it would be Friday, but alas, no visa. AND, Ash Wednesday is this Wednesday and Carnivale, as they call it, is on all week. All government offices are closed until Wednesday. So the earliest we can expect to get Rory's visa is Wed/Thurs. I guess it's like Mardi Gras? Can't really say. I guess it's for the best... apparently things get really crazy for this holiday, and it's best we not travel then according to our sources.

More interesting however is Rory's name. All along, we were spelling it Erleyorson, but we got the official word that it is really spelled Orleyorson with an O. Someone along the way read the birth certificate wrong... and there you go. It won't cause any problems (knock on wood) because our forms have been filled out for both E and O- which was super fun. So his name on his passport reads ORLEYORSON LAFRANCE VAUGHN. Holy mouthful! Vanna, can I buy a vowel?

But, we are super excited to be this much closer. Our social worker says that she expects us to travel the first week of March (so basically a week from now). Yay! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the visa comes though with no real issues. Anyway, I'm planning for our travel in one week and getting everything together. Today, the suitcases came downstairs (which have been upstairs for the last 6 months). I began weighing them and packing and repacking them because we are taking down about 150 lbs in donations. I washed some of Rory's clothes and packed them a couple toys. Exciting stuff for me, anyway!

No comments: