Thursday, December 18, 2008

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, we are OUT OF MOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our case worker just emailed us today to let us know that the powers-that-be in Haiti approved our file just TODAY and we are officially in the hands of the American embassy in Port-au-Prince. We are just waiting for Rory's passport and visa appt and then we will be on our way!
Granted, again, this doesn't sound like something that will take long, but we fully expect that it might take a couple months. Especially with the fact that the gov't doesn't work 12/19-1/7. But,THAT'S OKAY WITH US. We are just glad to be UNSTUCK and back on track to get him home. I'm contacting our Senators Bayh and Lugar (again) to request their ability to nudge things along.

It's so weird because today I'd walked around all day thinking about how much we wanted this news before XMAS and knowing that with offices closing tomorrow, we didn't think it would happen. But here we are. It so funny because with every step behind us, it's like being granted permission to get excited again. I just went in Rory's room for some paperwork and realized that I hadn't really been in there for a month or so. His clothes all look so small, I hope SOME of them fit! Well, I guess it's getting to be that time to shop for a winter coat!

Tomorrow is the last day before XMAS break and I don't have to go back until 1/6 or 1/7 (can't remember right off hand) so I'm really happy today! We are having a small party and I'm giving three tests tomorrow. Brandon said I'm mean, but seriously, with all the stuff they make us cram into kids heads these days, there is seriously NO time to waste. I would just LOVE to let the kids color, make crafts, sing, watch videos all day tomorrow, but literally, the curriculum just doesn't allow it anymore. I'm already behind two weeks in math and I'm FREAKING out about it! Plus, you have to be careful to not 'influence' the kids with holiday propaganda. Oh well.... you can't fight city hall.

I have a feeling I'll be posting more often over the holiday with all my free time. Stay tuned...

No comments: